Portable data storage is the biggest advantage of using USB flash drives. Another name for the device is jump drive, flash disk, and so on. In recent years, sizes of USB drives have increased so much with drives of 32GB and 64GB being common today. You can literally store anything in a USB drive today. If you are probably wondering what you have to do with a USB drive, here are a few suggestions that can transform your life.
– it works so well as a backup for the files you are working on or your music, videos and photos.
– it works as a transfer tool letting you move small and large files alike from one computer to another. USB drives can go into all computers and laptops today, and with an adapter, they also connect to tablets and the MacBook 2015 model.
– with a flash drive, you can plug into a TV and just watch your movies or listen to your music. You can plug into your car, into your laptop or even on your home theatre system.
– a cool trick for many people smart with computers is to install an operating system on a USB drive and take it with them as a portable system to any place. In this mode, you can still use the thumb drive as a storage device and you boot up your computer from the drive, and suddenly you have your desktop and settings without interfering with the host computer that you are using.
– sometimes you have to send/ship files from a computer or server to another person in a different area and there is no way to send via the internet. Maybe you want security and privacy. If so you can encrypt the data, put it in USB flash drives then send it via a courier service.